We, London School of Finance and Law Ltd, 3rd Floor 207 Regent Street, London, W1B 3HH, United Kingdom, registered in England and Wales under No. 12145780, collect, use and share the LSFL visitors’ (users’) personal information to maintain the website in a working condition. For the purpose of the Data Protection Act 1998 as well as General Data Protection Regulation and Data Protection Bill 2017-2019, London School of Finance and Law Ltd acts as the ‘data controller’ of the users’ personal information.
Visitors’ Personal Information Collection and Use
Information posted on the LSFL website is publicly available. Our servers are located in Germany, and we assure you that we will hold and transmit your information in a safe, confidential and secure environment in compliance with the British and EU laws.
We collect and store the following visitors’ personal information:
- email address and contact information;
- computer sign-on data, statistics on page views, traffic to and from the LSFL website and post data through cookies;
- other information, including users IP address and standard web log information.
We use users’ personal information:
- to provide our services;
- to resolve disputes and troubleshoot problems;
- to encourage safe trading and enforce our policies;
- to customise users’ experience;
- for on-site marketing purposes.
No personal information is stored after users delete their personal accounts after a period of time set in the British and EU laws.
Members’ Personal Information Collection and Use
Based on the information submitted to London School of Finance and Law (LSFL) at registration, we create student records for individuals and provide them with the right information and services related to their chosen subject areas.
Our staff are fully trained on how to handle data safely. We assure our members that we will use their data only to support the learning and teaching processes and to assess the quality of our services.
We do not sell or rent LSFL users’ personal information to third parties for their marketing purposes without users’ explicit consent.
However, we may disclose personal information to respond to legal requirements or enforce our policies if an article content violates our or others’ rights.
We may also share personal information with service providers who engage in customer support (e.g. process transactions).
LSFL users agree to receive occasional marketing communications from us via newsletter unless they indicate that they prefer not to receive such communications.
Users shall not send spam to, or collect personal information from, other users.
LSFL authors can view, edit or delete their blog posts through the dashboard or through the edit link sent via e-mail. Users must log in to edit their posts.
We protect LSFL users’ personal information against unauthorized access and disclosure.
In accordance with the General Data Protection Regulation, LSFL users can exercise the following rights with regard to their personal data storage, maintenance and processing:
- The right to be informed of how their personal data is stored, maintained and processed.
- The right to access information held about them.
- The right to rectify their personal data if it is inaccurate, incomplete or out-of-date.
- The right to erasure (delete or remove) their personal data.
- The right to restrict (block) processing (when processing is restricted, we will store your personal data, but not further process it).
- The right to data portability (by obtaining and reusing personal data for their own purposes across different services, e.g. by transferring data from one IT environment to another in a safe and secure way, without hindrance to usability).
- The right to automated decision making including profiling.
- The right to withdraw consent to direct marketing (by contacting us at email@example.com).
- The right to lodge a complaint with a supervisory authority (e.g. Information Commissioner’s Office in the United Kingdom) if they have a concern about our information rights practices.
This policy is effective 1 September 2019.